Department of Labour Accredited
This intermediate course covers the essentials of first aid in more detail.
Business and industry employees or individuals who want or need basic first aid skills without training in CPR.
Basic care for injuries or sudden illnesses until advanced medical care can take over. Handling emergency situations; basic disease transmission precautions; recognizing and caring for bleeding, wounds, sudden illness; and immobilizing muscle, bone and joint injuries.
– Adult CPR manikins
– Spinal immobilisation equipment
– All medical consumables
– Various types of bandages, splints, gloves, CPR devices etc.
– Principles and First Aid and Safety
– Basic Anatomy and Physiology
– Emergency Scene Management
– Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
– Choking and Airway Obstruction
– Assessment of a Patient
– Injury Emergencies
– Dressing and Bandages
– Head and Spinal Injuries
– Heart Attacks
– Unconsciousness and Fainting
– Convulsions and Epilepsy
– Environmental Emergencies
– Water Accidents
– Transporting a Patient: Rescue Carry
– Basic Contents of a First Aid Kit
– Cholera / TB
Course Certification: Department of Labour certificate, valid for 3 years
Course Duration: 3 Days