Department of Labour Accredited
This is an upgrade for a Level 2 first aid course. It is excellent for people that are exposed to dangerous and hazardous environments or that are more than a few hours from their nearest hospital.
Business and industry employees or individuals who want or need basic first aid.
Basic care for injuries or sudden illnesses until advanced medical care can take over. Handling emergency situations; basic disease transmission precautions; recognizing and caring for bleeding, wounds, sudden illness; and immobilizing muscle, bone and joint injuries.
– Adult CPR manikins
– Spinal immobilisation equipment
– All medical consumables
– Various types of bandages, splints, gloves, CPR devices etc.
– Principles and First Aid and Safety
– Basic Anatomy and Physiology
– Emergency Scene Management
– Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
– Choking and Airway Obstruction
– Assessment of a Patient
– Injury Emergencies
– Dressing and Bandages, Burns
– Head and Spinal Injuries
– Heart Attacks, Strokes, Diabetes
– Unconsciousness and Fainting
– Convulsions and Epilepsy
– Basic Contents of a First Aid Kit
– HIV/AIDS, Cholera / TB
– First Aid Kit & Contents
– Eye, Ear and Hand Injuries
Course Certification: Department of Labour certificate, valid for 3 years
Course Duration: 5 Days