AIEM Terms and Conditions (Website)
All information, including but not limited to text, graphics, images (still or moving) and other material contained on this site, is for reference, informational and educational purposes only.
Whilst all reasonable and foreseeable steps and/or precautions have been taken to ensure the accuracy and safety of the content of this site,:
- reliance hereon and hereof is solely and entirely at your own risk and you assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the use hereof; and/or
- the use of the products or services advertised on this site are used at your own risk and you accept full responsibility and risk of any injury, damage or loss resulting from the use thereof.
Subject to (and if and to the extent applicable to) the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (Act No. 68 of 2008), as amended, and to the fullest extent permissible by law, the Africa Institute of Emergency Medicine (Pty) Ltd (abbreviated to AIEM), any and/or all of its shareholders, directors and/or medical practitioners associated and/or involved with AIEM and/or any service or product mentioned on this site, their respective affiliates or shareholders, directors, advisers, agents, consultants or employees will not be liable for any personal and/or physical damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential (including but not limited to loss of profits) or punitive damages, whether in an action arising out of contract, statute, delict or otherwise, relating to the use of, or inability to use, this site or the information contained herein.
As the information and/or content appearing on or transmitted through this site does not constitute advice, you, the user, are encouraged to consult with your medical practitioner before acting on any such information or content.
Nothing on this site may be construed as an offer by AIEM to you, but merely an invitation to do business.
This site is currently intended for only those who access it from and within the Republic of South Africa. Because of this and the prescriptive nature and import of the healthcare laws of the Republic of South Africa, AIEM cannot guarantee that the site or the information hereon complies with or is appropriate for use in other countries, and as such, it should only be used by persons who access it from and within the Republic of South Africa.
AIEM makes no representation that information, materials, products and/or services made available through or on the site is appropriate or available for use in other countries, and accessing the site from countries where its contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you choose to access the site from countries or locations other than the Republic of South Africa you do on your own initiative and are therefore responsible for compliance with your local laws.
You are encouraged to read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using this site, as the use by you of this site brings into being a legally binding agreement by and between yourself and AIEM upon the terms and conditions set out herein, as contemplated and provided for in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 (Act No. 25 of 2002), as amended.
By using this site, you signify your assent to and accept, without modification, these terms and conditions. Your access to and use of this site constitutes your agreement to and acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to all of these terms and conditions of use, you are not permitted to use this site! Should you, however, proceed to access the site, with or without reading these terms and conditions, such action will be an indication of and construed as your acceptance of all of these terms and conditions, whether expressed and/or implied herein.
These terms and conditions apply when you visit the site for the first time and thereafter, subject to subsequent changes or amendments hereto, in which case, the latest version of these terms and conditions will apply each time you visit this site. As such, you are encouraged to familiarise yourself with the then prevailing or current terms and conditions each time when using this site as such terms and conditions may have changed from your last visit.
AIEM expressly reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to amend, from time to time, the terms and conditions of use of this site, including but not limited to any prices or charges so quoted. For the avoidance of doubt, the latest version of the terms and conditions, from time to time, will apply at the time as and when you use this site.
No amendment by you of these terms and conditions will be acceptable and/or valid.
A certificate signed by the administrator of this site is prima facie proof (meaning in the absence of proof to the contrary) of the date and content of the latest and any previous versions of these terms and conditions.
In using this site you represent and warrant to AIEM that you are of full legal capacity and age (currently 18 (eighteen) years of age), or are emancipated or have your guardian’s consent to enter into a legally binding and enforceable contract, being these terms and conditions of use.
AIEM may, in its sole and absolute discretion, remove, alter, modify, supplement and/or restrict access to this site, including but not limited to the services, content, information, software or files appearing on or transmitted through this site, including but not limited to the right to change, suspend or close the site, temporarily or permanently, without giving notice.
AIEM may limit certain services, features or functions and restrict or deny you access to all or parts of any service on and/or to the site itself.
Online Services & Registration
In certain instances you may be required to register with AIEM before you can use certain online services (including products). AIEM may, in its sole and absolute discretion (and judgment), accept or reject your registration without giving reasons therefore.
In certain instances separate terms and conditions of service may apply to specific online services or products. You can read these at the section of this site where the relevant online services and/or products are provided. If there is any contradiction between these terms and conditions and the specific terms and conditions of any online service or product, only those specific terms and conditions will apply.
You warrant, to and in favour of AIEM that the registration data you submit is current, accurate and complete.
You authorise and consent to AIEM verifying your registration data and gaining access to relevant information held by third parties which may be reasonably required by AIEM to complete the verification process. For the avoidance of doubt, there will be no obligation on AIEM to undertake a verification of your registration data.
Should you not agree to the verification process or withhold your consent, your membership, if applicable, on or use of the site may be refused, denied, suspended and/or terminated. Similarly, if the verification process is not successful, you understand and acknowledge that AIEM is entitled to block or limit your access to the site and you waive any claims you may have against AIEM, its shareholders, officers, directors, employees, servants, agents and/or contractors arising out of its or their denial of your access to the site.
You understand, acknowledge and accept that access to the site’s functionality may be limited until such time as the verification process has been successfully completed.
Services and/or Products
Your use of any services or products offered on or through this site will be subject to the specific terms and conditions pertaining thereto, as well as these terms and conditions of use, where appropriate. To the extent there is any conflict between the two, the specific terms and conditions will prevail.
You understand and accept that AIEM may amend, in its sole and absolute discretion, from time to time, the prices and charges, as well as the content of any and all services and products, without any notice to you. This AIEM will do by publishing same on the site, together with the impending effective date of any price increase.
Live Information on the Site
Other organisations’ information may be used from time to time on this site. As AIEM has no control over this information it does not and cannot warrant or guarantee that such information is correct or suitable for anything. As such, AIEM is not directly or indirectly responsible for any loss of whatsoever nature or kind that may follow from you relying on such other organisation’s information.
All live information is delayed unless otherwise specifically stated. You should always update or “refresh” your screen to make sure that you are looking at the latest information.
Links to other Websites
This site may from time to time link to other websites only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply AIEM’s endorsement of such sites, services, products or persons. Whilst AIEM uses all reasonable precautions to only link to trustworthy parties or systems it cannot be responsible for any of this other information. Any link to any other information, website, person or business, does not mean that AIEM has checked or approved of them.
AIEM gives no warranty about any other website, software or hardware, including their security or performance. You hereby waive (meaning to give-up) any claim you may have against AIEM for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature or kind you may suffer because you link or connect to any other website.
Use of Third Party Content
AIEM may, from time to time, in addition to any link, host or provide third party content on the site for your convenience.
AIEM does not, and does not undertake to, review or control any third party websites that link to or from the site (nor is it under any obligation to do so). AIEM is not and will not be responsible for the content of any third party site displayed or quoted on or linked to or from the site as AIEM has no editorial control over such content.
Opinions, statements, offers or any other information that may constitute third party content remain that of the third party and not of AIEM, its affiliates or any of their shareholders, directors, officers, employees or agents. AIEM, its shareholders, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness and/or usefulness of any third party content.
It is your responsibility to evaluate third party content available on and through the site.
AIEM and its affiliates, and their shareholders, directors, officers and employees are not liable for any loss, damage or harm caused by your reliance on third party content obtained on or through the site. Before making any decision or placing any reliance on third party content provided on or through the site, you should take all further reasonable steps to ensure and verify the accuracy of such content. This notice must be displayed in its entirety should you publish any third party content obtained from the site.
Dealings with Third Parties
Your interaction, correspondence or business dealings with third parties which are referred to or linked from or to this site is entirely at your own risk and are solely between you and such third party, including, without limitation, the acquisition, disposal, payment and delivery of any goods, products or services.
You are solely responsible for identifying and familiarising yourself with any terms and conditions which will govern your relationship with those third parties.
AIEM will not be responsible or liable for any damages or loss caused or which you allege AIEM has caused by, arising from or in connection with your interaction, correspondence or business dealings with such third parties – it being specifically understood and accepted, by you, that such third parties are not agents of AIEM.
Permission for linking to this Site
Nobody may create any kind of link or reference to this site without first obtaining AIEM’s written permission, which it may refuse permission or grant it on certain conditions. Links that need permission include hyperlinks (automatic links in text), deep links (that bypass the site’s home page), frames, meta tags or any similar reference, electronic or otherwise.
Any request for linking to this site must be sent to email@example.com. Whilst every effort will be made to answer as soon as possible, if, however, you do not receive a response, in writing, within 5 (five) business days, it means, unless otherwise agreed to by AIEM, that it has not agreed to your request.
It is likewise expressly prohibited for any person, business, entity or website to frame any page on this site, including the home page, in any way whatsoever, without the prior written approval of AIEM.
The use of non-malicious search technology, such as, but not limited to, “web-crawlers” or “web-spiders”, to search and gain information from this site is not permitted without AIEM’s prior written consent.
Transmission of Information
You acknowledge that information transmitted via the Internet, including without limitation, electronic mail, is susceptible to monitoring and interception. You are accordingly discouraged from transmitting to AIEM any information that may be confidential, proprietary or sensitive.
You will bear all risk of transmitting such information in this manner and under no circumstances will AIEM or any of its associates be liable for any loss, harm or damage suffered by you as a result thereof.
AIEM will have the right to request independent verification of any information transmitted electronically and you, by these terms and conditions, authorise and consent to such verification should AIEM deem it necessary.
Any information or material sent to this site will be deemed not to be confidential, unless otherwise agreed in writing by you and AIEM.
You are expressly prohibited from gaining or attempting to gain unauthorised access to any page on or part of this site, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this site. If you deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this site or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any page or part of this site a complaint will be laid against you to be criminally charged and, and in the event AIEM suffers any damage or loss, a civil damages claim will be proceeded with against you.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your user name, password and/or account, if and where applicable, accepting full liability for all activities that occur under your name and to this extent:
- you are responsible for maintaining and promptly updating the registration data and any other information you provide AIEM, thereby keeping it current, accurate and complete; and/or
- if you believe the security of your account has been compromised in any way, you will immediately notify firstname.lastname@example.org; and/or
- if you believe that information or content published on the site infringes on any persons’ rights in any way, you will immediately notify email@example.com; and/or
- you will be held fully responsible for any misuse or compromise to your account which firstname.lastname@example.org was not properly and timeously notified about.
Code of Conduct
You may not use this site or any of the site’s material for or in conjunction with any illegal, unlawful or immoral purpose or as prohibited by these terms and conditions of use.
You undertake to comply with all the laws, rules and regulations regarding online conduct in the Republic of South Africa and, to the extent you are accessing the site outside of the Republic of South Africa, you are to also comply with the laws, rules and regulations of your country.
In the event that you link to any page on this site or are permitted to frame this site or any of the pages on this site or any part thereof, in any way whatsoever, you:
- undertake to acknowledge AIEM and the specific reference, if applicable, as your source; and
- do so at your own risk; and
- hereby indemnify AIEM against any loss, liability or damage that may arise as a result of the use of content, products and/or services from the site.
You undertake to adhere to generally acceptable Internet and electronic mail etiquette. In this regard, without limitation to the examples listed below, you undertake not to:
- engage in any abuse of electronic mail or spamming, including (without limitation) the posting or cross-posting of unsolicited articles with the same or substantially the same message to recipients that did not request to receive such messages; and/or
- engage in any activity intended to entice, solicit or otherwise recruit users of the site to join an organisation except where such activities are expressly authorised, in writing, by AIEM and permitted in terms of the laws of the Republic of South Africa and, if you are accessing the site from another country, the laws also of your country; and/or
- take any action aimed at deceiving or misleading any person, attempt to impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation to any person or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of anything posted or transmitted through the products and/or services, including but not limited to phishing; and/or
- impersonate any other person or use a false or unauthorised name so as to create a false identity and/or electronic mail address or to misrepresent the origin or identity of any communication to the site and/or its owner; and/or
- modify, access or make available any data stored on a computer device which has been accessed through the site; and/or
- make available or upload files that contain software or any other material not owned or appropriately licensed to you;
- use the site, products and/or services or the site to post or transmit, by means of listings, reviews, comments, suggestions, ideas, questions or otherwise, anything which is unlawful, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, offensive, vulgar, threatening, abusive, harassing, harmful, hateful, profane, sexually explicit or which carries child pornography, religious or racial slurs, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable in any way or threatens or encourages bodily harm or the like or which may violate any person’s personality rights; and/or
- use the site, products and/or services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items or services or to offer or solicit for any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes” and “chain letters”; and/or
- use the site, products and/or services in a manner that may infringe the intellectual property rights (for example copyright or trademarks) or other proprietary rights of others, including (without limitation) the transmission of pirated software; and/or
- use the site, products and/or services in any manner which could damage, impair, overburden or disable the site and/or the products and/or services or interfere with any other party’s use or enjoyment of the products and/or services; and/or
- use the site, products and/or services to post or transmit anything which contains viruses or any other destructive features, regardless of whether or not damage is intended; and/or
- gather electronic mail addresses and/or names for commercial, political, charitable or like purposes or use the site, products and/or services to collect or attempt to collect personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent; and/or
- violate the privacy of any person or attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site, products and/or services or any other website or network, including (without limitation) through hacking, password mining or any other means; and/or
- use the site, products and/or services to engage in any illegal or unlawful activity; and/or
- use any robot, spider, other automatic device or technology, or manual process or similar data gathering and extraction tools to monitor or copy portions of the site for any non-personal or commercial use; and/or
- use any meta tags or other “hidden text” utilizing the AIEM names or trademarks, without the prior written consent of AIEM; and/or
- frame or utilize any framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout or form) of AIEM and its affiliates, without the prior written consent of AIEM; and/or
- collect or use any listings, descriptions or price lists from the site for the benefit of a competing merchant that supplies products or services comparable to those advertised on the site; and/or
- act in any way which may, could or does impose an unreasonable or unusually large load of traffic on the site, or otherwise interferes with its proper and timely functioning.
Should you engage in any one or more of the above practices, AIEM will be entitled, without prejudice to any other rights it may have, to:
- without notice, suspend or terminate your access to the site, products and/or services; and/or
- charge, invoice and reclaim from you all reasonable costs it has incurred pursuant to or arising from your aforementioned activities, including (without limitation) bandwidth, administration costs, downtime, usage of name or registered domain name; and/or
Software and Equipment
It is your responsibility to acquire and maintain, at your own expense, the computer hardware, software, communications infrastructure and access accounts required to safely and securely access the Internet and the site, as well as, to safely download content from the site.
Monitoring of Communications
You hereby, subject to the provisions of the Regulation of Interception of Communications Act, 2002 (Act No. 70 of 2002), as amended, consent and permit AIEM to intercept, block, filter, read, delete, disclose and use all and/or any communications you send, transmit to or post on or through the site, as well as any electronic mail accounts or locations associated with AIEM. It being specifically understood that your aforementioned consent satisfies the “writing” requirement prescribed in both of the Regulation of Interception of Communications Act, 2002 (Act No. 70 of 2002), as amended, and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 (Act No. 25 of 2002), as amended.
Intellectual Property Rights & License
Copyright and other rights in respect of all intellectual and/or other property displayed or appearing on or incorporated in this site or the visual appearance thereof, including but not limited to, information, data, documents, texts, illustrations, drawings, images, photographs, visuals, video or audio sequences, animated sequences, graphics, logos and codes are the exclusive property of, belong to and are owned by AIEM or, where so expressly stated, third parties.
Except as specifically provided for on this site or in writing by AIEM, any reproduction, distribution, replication or retransmission of any information, data, document, text, illustration, drawing, image, photograph, visual, video or audio sequence, animated sequence, graphic, logo and/or code contained on this site without the prior written consent of AIEM is strictly prohibited. To the extent written permission is granted by AIEM to any reproduction, distribution, replication or retransmission as contemplated above, same will be for personal use and not for profit, material, commercial or financial gain. All reproductions must be accurate and not used in a misleading context. If any material is being republished the material or issuing it to others, must acknowledge its source, copyright status and date of publication.
Any permission to reproduce the copyright protected material does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holder concerned.
Placing references to this site on other websites without the prior written consent of AIEM is strictly prohibited.
This site, its content and the various products, items and designs displayed or appearing hereon are protected by inter alia the South African common law, the South African Copyright Act, 1978 (Act No. 98 of 1978), as amended, the South African Designs Act, 1993 (Act No. 195 of 1993), as amended, The TRIPPS Agreement, The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works of 1886, The Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property of 1883 and the Patent Co-operation Treaty of 1970. Any breach of copyright and/or any other infringement of AIEM’s rights will result in AIEM and its associates having the right to inter alia claim relief by way of damages, an interdict and the delivery-up of the infringing copies or reproductions. In addition, an infringement will constitute a criminal offence resulting in the payment of a fine or imprisonment.
All rights not expressly granted are hereby reserved. Notwithstanding that AIEM grants to you, by means of these terms and conditions, a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable license to use, print and display all content, information, software or files on any machine of which you are the primary user for non-commercial purposes, the intellectual property rights in all content, information, services and/or software vesting will continue to vest in AIEM and no right, title or interest in any proprietary material or information contained on this site is granted to you. Nothing on this site is or constitutes a licence (permission) to use any trade mark for any other purpose without first obtaining written permission from AIEM or any other party that has rights to the intellectual property.
You are prohibited from sublicensing, assigning or transferring this license to any person.
Any unauthorised copying and/or sublicensing, or attempt at copying and/or sublicensing, assignment or transfer of this agreement, shall result in the immediate termination of this agreement by and without notice from AIEM.
You are responsible for all the use of the information, content or services accessed through your user account, which may be determined inter alia by cookies, passwords or authentication certificates.
You hereby ratify, guarantee and undertake to be personally liable for any and all obligations entered into or assumed by others who use the information, content or services through your user account.
You retain your copyright and/or your full right, title and interest in and to the content which you submit to the site which includes, without limitation, comments posted on the site, but such content, where applicable, is, must be and will be deemed to be licensed by you to AIEM for use on the site under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 ZA License.
By using this site or communicating with AIEM by electronic means, you consent and acknowledge that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures or any other communication satisfies any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be “in writing”. No term or provision contained in these terms and conditions is to be interpreted or construed so as to exclude any rights granted by Chapter VII of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 (Act No. 25 of 2002), as amended, to any natural person who enters or intends entering into an electronic transaction on or through this site.
Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this site are general in nature and must not be regarded as specific medical advice. You are solely responsible and strongly advised to seek other professional medical advice before acting on such information, particularly with respect to any specific scenario or set of circumstances.
To the fullest extent permissible by law and subject to the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (Act No. 68 of 2008), as amended, AIEM disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, fitness for a particular purpose, in respect of this site and any and all information hereon.
AIEM does not warrant that:
- the functions and/or information contained on this site will meet your requirements or operate in every combination selected by you for use, will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free, that any defects or errors will be corrected or that this site or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful components; and/or
- this site or its information will provide specific results from use thereof or any content, search or link within them or that the results that may be obtained from the use of this site will be accurate or reliable; and/or
- to the fullest extent permissible under law, your use of this site and reliance on any information, services, products and/or materials available on or procured or accessed through this site is entirely at your own risk; and/or
- although all reasonable steps are taken to verify information presented on the site, AIEM does not represent or warrant that any advice, opinion, statement or other information contained in, displayed on, linked to or distributed through this site is applicable to or suitable for application to any specific scenario or set of circumstances – any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement or information will be at your sole risk; and/or
- AIEM will be entitled, at any time and from time to time, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion or part of this site, including, without limitation, any information; and/or
- to the fullest extent permissible by law and subject to the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (Act No. 68 of 2008), as amended,:
- under no circumstances whatsoever, including as a result of any negligent acts or omissions or those of AIEM’s servants, agents or contractors or other persons for whom in law it may be liable, will AIEM or its servants, agents or contractors or other persons for whom in law AIEM may be liable (in whose favour this constitutes a stipulation for the benefit of another), be liable for any direct, indirect, extrinsic, special, penal, punitive, exemplary or consequential loss (including without limitation, loss of profits), damage or damages of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused (whether arising under contract, delict or otherwise and whether the loss was actually foreseen or reasonably foreseeable), including but not limited to any loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of operation time, corruption or loss of information or data and/or loss of contracts sustained by you, your directors, servants, dealers or customers, resulting from your use of or inability to use the site or any information, service and/or product hereon or hereof; and/or
- no claims or legal action arising out of, or related to, the use of this site, any information, service and/or product hereon or hereof or these terms and conditions of use may be brought by you more than 3 (three) years after the cause of action relating to such claim or legal action arose.
You hereby undertake to indemnify and keep indemnified AIEM and its associates and their respective our shareholders, officers, directors, employees, servants, advisers, agents or contractors or other persons to whom, in law, they may be liable or become liable (in whose favour this constitutes a stipulation for the benefit of another) from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim or demand due to or arising out of your use of this site or your breach of these terms and conditions of use.
In the event that any claim, matter or dispute arises between you and AIEM arising out of or in connection with your use of or access to the site such claim, matter or dispute may, at AIEM’s election, be resolved in accordance with the Rules of the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa by an arbitrator appointed by the aforementioned Foundation.
A dispute will be deemed to have been referred or subjected to arbitration when either you or AIEM gives written notice to the other of the dispute, demands an arbitration and requests consensus on an arbitrator.
The arbitrator will have the power to give default judgement if either you or AIEM fails to make submissions on the due date therefore and/or fails to appear at the arbitration hearing.
The evidence in the arbitration proceedings and any order made by any arbitrator will and must be kept confidential unless otherwise contemplated in these terms and conditions of use.
Either you or AIEM will be entitled to have an arbitration award made an order of court by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Notwithstanding the above, you or AIEM will be entitled to institute action in any court of competent jurisdiction to obtain urgent interim relief or to collect any outstanding debts due and payable by either you or AIEM. The arbitration provisions of these terms and conditions of use are severable from the rest of these terms and conditions of use and will remain in effect even if these terms and conditions of use are terminated for any reason whatsoever.
General Legal Issues
As this site is controlled, managed and maintained from the Republic of South Africa these terms and conditions of use will be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
You irrevocably and unconditionally consent:
- to the jurisdiction of the Magistrates Court where AIEM’s head office is located even though the value of your claim may exceed the ordinary monetary jurisdiction of the Magistrates Court; and
- and submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Gauteng High Court, Johannesburg.
AIEM chooses the addresses stipulated in the Compliance Section of this site for all communication purposes under these terms and conditions of use, whether in respect of court process, notices or other documents or communications of whatsoever nature. You chose the addresses given in your registration data, if applicable.
If you breach any of these terms and conditions of use, AIEM will be entitled, but not obliged, to immediately, automatically and without notice to you, terminate your use of and access to the site, and/or prohibit your future access to and/or use of the site, and/or take appropriate legal action against you (including without limitation, applying for urgent and/or interim relief and/or claiming damages), without incurring any liability to you of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising.
Upon termination of these terms and conditions of use, all rights which may have been granted to you pursuant hereto, will immediately and automatically revert to AIEM.
These terms and conditions of use and this agreement will be deemed to have been concluded in Johannesburg at the time you access the site for the first time.
Data messages addressed by you to AIEM will be deemed to have been:
– received if and when responded to; and
– sent by you within the geographical boundaries of the Republic of South Africa.
You will be deemed to have received data messages addressed to you by AIEM as prescribed in section 23(b) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 (Act No. 25 of 2002), as amended, namely when the complete data message enters an information system designated or used for that purpose by the addressee and is capable of being retrieved and processed by the addressee.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions of use, electronic signatures, encryption and/or authentication are not required for valid electronic communications between you and AIEM.
You warrant that all data messages that you send to AIEM from a computer, Internet Protocol address or mobile device normally used by you, was sent and/or authorised by you personally.
These terms and conditions of use constitute, to the fullest extent permissible by law, prima facie proof (meaning in the absence of further evidence) the whole agreement between you and AIEM relating to your access to and use of this site.
No indulgence, extension of time, waiver or relaxation of any of the provisions or terms of these terms and conditions of use which AIEM may show, grant or allow you will operate as an estoppel (meaning to prevent or deny AIEM from taking action) against you in respect of its rights under these terms and conditions of use nor will it constitute a waiver by AIEM of any of its rights and AIEM will not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against you which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
Nothing in these terms and conditions of use will create any relationship of agency, partnership or joint venture between you and AIEM and you cannot and hereby undertake not to hold yourself out as our agent or partner or as being in a joint venture with AIEM.
To the extent that any provision of these terms and conditions of use is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such provision will be deemed to be pro non scripto (meaning as though it had not been written), but without affecting or invalidating any of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions of use, which will continue to be of full force and effect.